Most of the Android tablet users have encountered SIM card issues on their device at least once. It can be a little bit frustrating when messages such as “Emergency Calls Only”, “No Service”, and “No SIM Card Installed” pop up on the screen of your tablet.
If you are regularly experiencing these issues, the first thing you should do is to check the SIM card slot of your Android tablet and make sure that it is free of damages. However, if the slot is damaged, you will have to seek the help of an Android tablet repair technician for further assistance. On the other hand, if the SIM card slot of your Android tablet is in good working condition, here’s how to solve the “No SIM Card” error on Android tablets.
The simplest way to solve the “No SIM Card Installed” error on your Android tablet is to power off the device and turn it back on after a couple of minutes. Doing this might be able to solve the minor glitches of your Android tablet, which can be the root cause of the issue. Now, check whether you are still experiencing SIM cards issues or not before proceeding to the next step.
Set Network Mode to Auto
If the Network Mode setting in your Android tablets is switched to an incorrect type, then it might be the culprit for the SIM card issues you are experiencing on your tablet. Follow the below steps to switch the Network Mode of your tablet back to Auto.
- Go to the Settings menu of your Android tablet
- Go to Connections and then tap on Mobile Networks
- Now, select Network Mode
- Ensure that the option for LTE/WCDMA/GSM Network Modes is selected
- Now, restart your device and check whether the issue is fixed. If not, proceed to the next step.
A hard reset or reboot can fix the software glitches on your Android tablet, which could be causing the “No SIM Card Installed” error on your tablet. Follow these set of steps to reboot your device.
- Ensure that the battery of your tablet is charged to at least 15 percent to 20 percent
- Gently press and hold the Power and Volume Down button at the same time until the screen of the device turns black
- Now, the device will automatically turn on after a couple of minutes
Thoroughly examine your device and check whether you are still experiencing “No SIM Card Installed” error. If you are the issue persists, get in touch with an expert Android technician for help.