It wasn’t until the release of Pixel tablet that Android users saw what the personal artificial intelligence assistant from Google can do. Now, Google Assistant is ready roll out to all Android devices that are powered by the Marshmallow or Nougat operating system. There are numerous ways to use Google Assistant in daily life, from getting a briefing in the morning to setting up an alarm for the next day and doing almost everything in between.
Setting up Google Assistant
Google Assistant will be already installed in Marshmallow or Nougat powered devices. Follow the steps explained below to setup Google Assistant in your Android Marshmallow or Nougat tablet for the first time.
- Launch the Google Assistant program. This can be done by long pressing the Home button on your Android device.
- Select Continue on the Meet Your Personal Google Assistant screen and tap on Yes, I’m In on the next screen that lets you allow permissions.
- You might be asked to configure voice activation and this involves you saying “Ok Google” three times.
Changing Account with Google Assistant
You might have more than one Google account active on your tablet and you will need to ensure that the program is linked to the account that you want. Google Assistant is capable of pulling details Google Photos, Gmail, and other services from Google like Chrome browsing habits and calendar. Therefore, it is important for you to ensure that the program is connected to the primary account. If you have setup the program with the wrong account or need to switch to a different account, follow the below steps.
- Launch the program by long pressing the Home
- Tap on the Blue button on the top right corner of the window.
- Select the Menu icon located on the top right corner of the Assistant window and select Accounts.
- Choose the account that you need to use.
Switching between the accounts is easy if you follow the above steps clearly.
Customize My Day Briefing
You can customize the program to offer you briefing on things you need to know to kick start your day. Below are the steps.
- Launch the program and tap on the Blue button at the top right corner.
- Select Menu icon and choose Settings. From Settings, choose My Day and select the checkboxes to include items in My Day summary.