With Cloud Print, Google has made printing on the go a breeze. In fact, all the Android printing woes have become a thing of the past with the Google Cloud Print. It is true that the app will not setup the printers, but after configuring Google Cloud Print, you will be able to print documents without any annoying steps. If you have a printer that is cloud ready, or if your classic printer is connected to your Google-connected desktop, the Cloud Print app can make sending the print job a very easy task.
With Google Cloud Print, users can:
- Print to cloud connected computers
- Print to file on Google Drive
- Save a file as PDF
How to Install
- Open Play Store on your Android tablet.
- Search for the Google Cloud Print
- Find and select the entry that is shared by Google.
- Tap on the Install button and read the permission listings carefully.
- If you are ok with the permission listings, select Accept.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
After Cloud Print is installed successfully, you will need to turn it on. Follow the below steps to turn it on.
- Select Settings.
- Find Printing from the list.
- Select the Cloud Print
- Move the slider to On
Using Google Cloud Print
When you need to print something, tap on the Menu button and then select Print. However, you will not be able to print from an open document in Google Drive app. To print from Google Drive, long press on the document icon, tap on the Menu button, and then select the Print button.
When you select Print, a drop down will appear at the top of the window. You can tap on the drop down to choose where you wish to print the document. The chosen file will be print or saved on Google Drive as PDF.
Even if you do not own a cloud-ready printer connected to your Google account, you can use the app to save files to Google Drive. This feature of the app makes it worth installing.