One of the simplest ways through which you can restart or switch off your iPad is to press and hold the Sleep/Wake button of your device. However, several iPad users often ask what they will do to restart or power off their device if the Sleep/Wake button of their device becomes unresponsive.
If the Power button of your iPad is not quite responsive, then there are a few roundabout ways to restart your tablet. However, the launch of the Apple’s latest iOS 11 mobile operating system has made restarting an Apple device without using buttons a lot more straightforward.
You will be able to find a new Shutdown option in iOS 11, which is hidden deep inside the Settings menu on your iPad. This feature allows you to turn off your iPad without using a physical button on the device. Likewise, Apple has also added a new restart button to the AssistiveTouch menu of your tablet to help users to easily restart their device.
If you wish to restart your iPad without using the Power button of your device, then the below-given set of steps will help you on how to do that.
- Go to the Settings menu of your tablet, select General, and then tap on Accessibility.
- Select AssistiveTouch in the resulting page, and then toggle the switch to its ON
- You will now need to tap on the AssistiveTouch icon on the screen of your tablet.
- Select Device and tap on More in the subsequent menu.
- You will now be able to see a Restart button on your iPad’s screen. Tap on it, and wait for a few seconds, as your device will automatically start to restart.
If you are looking to simply switch off your iPad without pressing the Power button of your device, you will need to follow these three simple steps.
- Open the Settings of your iPad and then tap on General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Settings page until you see the Shut Down
- Slide the option to switch off your tablet.
If you are not able to restart or power off your tablet following the said steps, get in touch with an iPad repair technician for further assistance.